We need your help to survive!
Over the past 10 Years we have touched the lives of over 45,000 children and young people from disadvantaged backgrounds. We had planned for 2020 to be the year we launched many new and exciting services and celebrated 10 years in business. Instead we are faced with our greatest challenge yet.
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a devastating effect on our Community Interest Company. Over 65% of our income is from working with schools and during the school holidays. We are working with 16% of our regular schools and running our school holiday programmes at 30% capacity. The national lockdown and current social distancing and mixing guidelines has hit our main source of income hard and forced us to close our doors to many vulnerable families during a time they need us the most!
We want to raise £15,000 to:
- Sustain our community youth projects
- Adapt our current provisions in line with the government guidelines
- Pay for our running costs during the slow post-Lockdown months
- Continue to employ our team when furlough ends
The ways you can help are as follows:
- Donate and receive a reward as a thank you
- Ask your family, friends, and colleagues to support us
- Share our fundraising page on social media
- Contact us to become a remote volunteer or ambassador
HR Sports Academy is a Community Interest Company dedicated to empowering children and young people with valuable life skills and the belief that they have what it takes to be great. We hold children and young people at the heart of everything we do.
Our provisions include sport in schools, evening and weekend training sessions, school holiday programmes, a football club, a youth club, day events, tournaments, award ceremonies, workshops, alternative education, apprenticeships, traineeships and work experience placements.
We use sport directly and indirectly to create a fun, safe and inspiring space for children and young people to be around positive role models and develop to their full capacity. We build a brighter future for them by enhancing the quality of their sporting, educational and work experiences.
- To reduce conflict in and around the London borough of Haringey.
- To provide sporting opportunities that bind different groups of young people together and reduces youth crime.
- To help individuals feel satisfied with their life, recognise what they excel in, use their strengths to fulfil pursuits, and become contributing members of society.
We will be grateful for any support you are able to provide us.
Stay safe and take care!
For more information about HR Sports Academy please visit www.hrsportsacademy.co.uk and follow us on social media @hrsportsacademy